Individual Psychotherapy and Counselling
I seek to enable my clients to understand their current difficulties in a confidential, safe and non judgemental space, to look at how their difficulties have come about, to make sense of them and to find a realistic and lasting way forward towards an improved quality of life.
With short term work (6-10 sessions) I seek to enable my clients to pinpoint their difficulties, make some sense of them and start to find strategies for different ways of managing.
Longer term work is useful, and further exploration is needed, where difficulties are more complex or long standing.
AREAS OF DIFFICULTY THAT CAN BE HELPED BY PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING INCLUDE:
* Low self esteem and lack of confidence
* Low mood and depression
* Difficulties with intimate relationships
* Issues relating to sex and sexuality
* The effects of difficult family dynamics (incuding a family member with serious mental illness)
* Loss and bereavement
* Difficulty in managing emotions
* Obsessive thinking
* Eating disorders
* Borderline Personality Disorder (support with emotional regulation and distress tolerance)
I offer two session assessments (this can be extended up to 6 sessions) enabling clients to recognise their core difficulty and to help decide if psychotherapy is the most appropriate way forward. Assessments can also be useful in helping to identify which type of psychotherapy or counselling may be most useful for the particular difficulty presented.
Psychotherapy and counselling sessions are £75.00 per hour. Paid weekly by cash or bank transfer.
Please contact me on 07985716357 or email email@example.com to discuss your needs or to make an appointment.